TX-SG24 - 24" Swing Gate
What is a Swing Gate?
This device is used to provide an additional entry / exit point for a confined space. Typically, a fan is bolted directly to a tank flange. Once bolted in place, the opening can only be used by the fan for ventilating the confined space. A swing gate will still allow the opening to be used as a ventilation point, but it can also be used as an additional entry / exit point in case of emergency.
A worker inside of a tank would need to gently push on the hand paddle that is molded into the casting. The fan will swing away and allow the worker to exit the space. A worker on the outside of a tank would merely pull on the flange of the Jet Fan to swing the fan away and allow for entry into the space.
The flange is kept closed by a magnet. There are no locking devices. The magnet is a superior mechanism to our competitor's method of a hook & loop fastener (similar to Velcro). The magnet will not lose adhesion over time or deteriorate by weather. A slight bump or tug is all that is needed to push or pull the fan open. Mounting the Jet Fan on the Swing Plate with the air inlet towards the hinge will not inhibit the ability to open the gate. In addition, the Jet Fan's grounding wire should also be affixed on the hinge side of the unit.
All exposed components are stainless steel or aluminum.
- Mounting flange configured to match tank flanges with holes starting in top center position OR level across the centerline.
- Our competitor's gates can only be used for flanges mounted with the top two holes level across the centerline.
- Heat treated to T6 aircraft aluminum specifications.
- Stainless Steel Shackle used for lifting point
- Unit shipped with Stainless 1" bolts, flat washers, lock washers and nuts for attaching a Jet Fan to the Swing Plate.
- Weight = 110 lbs.
- Height = 39"
- Length = 42"
- Weight with Fan = 240 lbs.
- Opening Force = 4 lbs.